Want to get out of the house but can't stand the heat and humidity of a St. Louis summer? You can still enjoy every bit of summer with these great attractions around town! This is by no means a comprehensive list - tell us which ones we missed in the comments!
Water Fun - If you are trying to stay cool with kids, nothing is better than some form of swimming or splashing in water. Check out these ideas to quench the summer thirst for water fun!
- St. Charles Parks: McNair, Blanchette and Waplehorst all have great pool facilities for a relatively inexpensive way to keep cool and expend that neverending kid energy!
- Six Flags Water Park - Combining rides with refreshing water, Six Flags Water Park is a great way to spend a hot St. Louis summer day!
- Other nearby waterparks: Aquaport in Maryland Heights, Raging Rivers in Grafton (IL) and Citygarden's splash pad are all excellent options for heat-busting family fun.
Museums - So many great options in and around STL for adding a learning component to activities while staying safely indoors and soaking up the air conditioning. Just to name a few...
- St. Louis Art Museum
- Transportation Museum
- Missouri History Museum
- Science Center
- National Blues Museum
- Magic House Children's Museum
- Museum of Westward Expansion - The museum under the Arch, it's also a National Park!
Other Indoor Options - Again, here are just a few ideas!